Personal Data Protection Policy
- SECOM's Basic Policy on Personal Data Protection -
At SECOM Co., Ltd., we have been developing our business to create a society where everyone can live safely and securely anytime, anywhere. In accordance with this philosophy, we will continue to make every effort to ensure that your valuable personal data is handled in a safe and reliable manner.
1. Collection, Use and Provision of Personal Data
SECOM collects, uses and provides personal data appropriately, given the nature and size of SECOM’s business. SECOM will not handle personal data beyond what is necessary to achieve the purpose of use and will take measures to ensure this.
2. Compliance Regarding Personal Data
SECOM complies with all applicable laws, regulations, national guidelines and other rules regarding the handling of personal data retained by SECOM. SECOM is committed to protecting personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Protection Policy and internal policies.
3. Safe Management of Personal Data
SECOM shall strive to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of personal data of SECOM by educating and training its employees to ensure strict control of the data and by taking all necessary and appropriate security measures and other safety control measures. Whenever the need for improvement arises, SECOM will promptly correct and prevent it.
4. Response to Complaints and Consultations
We will establish a point of contact for complaints and consultations about the handling and protection management system of personal data to respond quickly and appropriately.
5. Continuous Improvement
In order to handle personal data appropriately, SECOM will establish a personal data protection management system and strive for continuous improvement.
6. Inquiries Regarding Personal Data Protection Policy
Contact the following for inquiries about our Personal Data Protection Policy.
Ichiro Ozeki, President and Representative Director, SECOM CO., LTD.
Established on October 31, 2007
Revised on April 1, 2020
SECOM has obtained the Privacy Mark from Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community. Privacy Mark is granted to businesses that handle personal data appropriately under the Personal Information Protection Management Systems that conforms to JIS Q 15001.
Handling of Personal Data
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Data
In connection with our business activities, SECOM will only handle your personal data within the scope necessary for the achievement of the following purposes and will take the necessary measures. Please note that SECOM's business activities are very diverse and we encourage you to visit our website for more information.
Personal Data in General Business
- Acceptance of applications for products and services from customers
- Identification and contact for the provision of products and services
- Shipping products and providing services to customers
- Responding to inquiries and consultations
- Sending customers information on the products, services, events and campaigns of SECOM Group companies and partner companies by mail, visiting or delivering other advertisements tailored to customers’ interests
- Sending newsletters and free gifts to customers
- Market research and data analysis
- Research, planning, development and improvement of the products, systems and services of SECOM Group companies
- Providing customers with information on products and services that are deemed appropriate for them
- Performance of contracted work entrusted by the consignor
- Provision of personal data to third parties in accordance with law
- General contract management, including examination of contracts with customers, contract procedures, and payment procedures
- Appropriate and smooth execution of business and risk management in SECOM Group companies
- Other purposes to respond appropriately and smoothly to customer needs
- SECOM Group companies refer to SECOM CO., LTD., its consolidated subsidiaries and equity-method affiliates.
Personal Data of Shareholders and Business Partners
<Personal data on our shareholders>
- Exercising rights and performing obligations under the Companies Act
- Communication of IR activities and shareholder management
- Implementation of various measures
<Personal data on our business partners>
- Business meetings, interviews and related communications
- Contract management
<Personal data on job applicants>
- Communication related to SECOM’s recruiting activities, guidance of events such as job fairs, sending materials, confirming identity, etc.
- Recruitment management
<Personal data on retirees and employees>
- Personnel and labor management, benefits, compliance with labor-related laws and regulations, communication memo, etc.
2. Sharing Data with Third Parties
SECOM will not provide personal data to any third party without the prior consent of the individual, except when it is:
- based on laws and regulations
- necessary for the protection of human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- necessary for national institutions, local governments, or other parties entrusted by them to cooperate with each other in the performance of legally prescribed duties, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned may interfere with the performance of such duties
3. Supervision of Contractors
SECOM will disclose personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use when outsourcing business. SECOM will enter into an agreement with the contractor and stipulate that they must comply with laws and guidelines related to personal data, and provide necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
4. Sharing Data
SECOM Group companies may share personal data as follows;
(1) Categories of Shared Personal Data
- Data provided by you in connection with the use of our products and services
Name, address, date of birth, gender, contact information, place of work, family information, health information, authentication and identification, residence information, payment information, etc.
- Data acquired through the use of our products and services
Device and software operation information, acquired information (image, sound, environment-related, health-related), usage status, usage history, etc.
- Details of the products and services you use
Name of product or service, device and model information, date of start of use, date of purchase, location of use, motive for use, referral information, etc.
- Data provided by you or acquired for the purpose of research and development, such as demonstration experiments
Name, address, date of birth, gender, contact information, family information, device and software operation information, acquired information (image, sound, environment-related, health-related), etc.
- Data obtained by SECOM through inquiries, visits, work, or transactions
Date, subject, respondent information, payment status, business card information, event participation history, questionnaire, etc.
SECOM Group companies
- Click here to see which companies we share personal data with.
As described in "1. Purpose of Use of Personal Data"
(4) The Person Responsible for Personal Data Management
General Manager of Operations Department, Head Office, SECOM CO., LTD.
(5) How to Obtain Personal Data
- Verbally or in writing by the individual
- Through the services and devices you use
- From third parties based on the consent or the like of the individual
- Shared by SECOM Group companies
5. Request for Disclosure of Personal Data
When SECOM receives requests for disclosure or the like (i.e., notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of content, cessation of use or erasure, cessation of provision to third parties) from the individual, SECOM shall comply with such requests in accordance with laws and regulations and internal procedures.
Click here for the procedure for disclosure and others.
6. Retention of Specific Personal Data and Others
The basic policy on the appropriate handling of personal numbers and specific personal data retained by SECOM as defined in the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures" is separately stipulated in the "Basic Policy on Protection of Specified Personal Data".
Click here for the "Basic Policy on Protection of Specified Personal Data”.
7. Contact for Complaints and Consultations Regarding Personal Data
The person responsible for the protection of personal data is the General Manager of Operations Department , Head Office, SECOM CO., LTD.
8. Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
SECOM is a target entity of All Japan Security Service Association, an authorized personal information protection organization. All Japan Security Service Association accepts complaints and consultations about the handling of personal information of the target entity.
Security Service Personal Information Protection Office, All Japan Security Service Association
32F, Shinjuku Center Building, 1-25-1 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-0632
Phone number: 03-3342-5821 Reception hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except for Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and New Year holidays)
Established on October 31, 2007
Revised on April 1, 2020