Initiatives for “Co-Creation” through Open Innovation
SECOM is strategically collaborating with partners who share SECOM’s philosophy and accelerating open innovation aimed at creating new services that responds to the diversifying needs of society.
Achievements of Open Innovation
In 2015, SECOM appointed Open Innovation Staff who accelerates the creation of services for resolving concerns in response to demands from society. These staff members search for imperatives and engage in collaboration in order to strengthen relationships with society. SECOM Open Lab is held periodically (about five times per year) to discuss the future of our society across business fields and industries. SECOM reviews creation of new services and systems, and development of new value with participating companies.
As a main initiative in fiscal 2017, SECOM held a symposium entitled “Collaboration Co-Creation Forum: Toward Construction of the ANSHIN Platform” in November 2017. Also, in March 2018, “SECOM Open Lab @ University Festival” was held as a special program for university students at the “My Future Campus: University Festival” operated by Mynavi Corporation.
These activities serve as a springboard for joint development of new services with various other corporations, demonstration testing, and other specific measures.
Former President Yasuo Nakayama (Currently Chairman) speaks at the Collaboration Co-Creation Forum
“SECOM Open Lab @ University Festival” was an opportunity for building bonds with university students
Other specific initiatives
- Development of a safe IoT security foundation through collaboration by three companies: SECOM, Secom Trust Systems Co., Ltd., and Renesas Electronics
- Cooperating with KDDI to perform demonstration testing of security systems by using the next-generation mobile communication system “5G”
- Cooperating with NTT DoCoMo to perform demonstration testing of an AED remote monitoring service using LPWA communication
- Cooperating with NEC to perform demonstration testing of a facilities operation support service
- Development of two types of autonomous mobile security robots which are capable of inspecting suspicious items and engaging in communication
- Cooperating with NEDO, KDDI, and Terra Drone to perform security demonstration testing utilizing multiple drones capable of autonomous flight via 4GLTE